Subscribe here for more videos from Channel Mum: https://www.youtube.com/user/channelmum We know lots of mums are worried about how safe Halloween costumes are after the terrible accident last year involving Claudia Winkleman’s daughter.
Vloggers JK and Charlie conducted their own (non-scientific) test at home using candles and costumes from popular high street stores – the results were quite shocking. Watch the video to see what happens.
Here’s what the retailers had to say about their costumes:
M&S: “We are confident that all our childrenswear meets all the relevant safety regulations and the very high safety standards we set ourselves. Every dress up item is subjected to independent flammability tests under strict laboratory conditions to make sure this is the case.”
Sainsbury’s: “We have looked at every detail of our children’s dress-up range to improve safety. All of our children’s dress-up outfits meet both European toy and British nightwear flammability safety standards. We want to help make sure everyone stays safe this Halloween and to be aware that all clothes are flammable. We are therefore encouraging our customers to buy LED tea lights for their pumpkins, rather than using normal candles.”
Subscribe here for more videos from Channel Mum: https://www.youtube.com/user/channelmum
Channel Mum is the UK’s first YouTube community for mums. We bring together the best of YouTube mum talent to reveal the honest face of parenting.
Channel Mum partners with talented creators and vloggers who make fresh, relevant and honest video content and help mums to find and grow their vlogging voice on YouTube.