Channel Mum is the UK’s fastest-growing parenting site and we have ‘textbook’ information from all the top experts, alongside the truth from the UK’s best family vloggers and influencers. Read more about who we are and what we stand for on our about us page. Sound like the sort of place you would like to work?
We currently have one job available:
Channel Mum is a digital village for modern Mums. We bring together the best parenting advice, support and information digitally. We have a team of editors originating parenting content as well as working with and representing the best Mum Influencers in the business to enable us to showcase the honest face of parenting.
This is an exciting time for Channel Mum. We are moving into our third year of business and have seen our audience develop, connect and grow from nothing.
If you’re not afraid of hard work and want to be part of a team that is enthusiastic, ambitious and want to grow within an empowering, trusted and fun environment then we would like to talk to you.
Our office is in Farringdon but as you would expect from a Mum centred business we have a flexible approach to work to enable you to strike the right balance.
A full-time role, you’ll be brokering agreements between clients, agencies and our exclusively contracted portfolio of mummy influencers via email and on the phone.
Working as part of the sales team you’ll report to the Commercial Director but on a day to day basis you will mostly be liaising with the Head of Talent.
Occasionally you’ll be required to attend external face to face meetings, but due to the nature of this fast-paced role – it is predominantly office based.
Every day will be varied, but as an excellent listener you’ll be taking client briefs, negotiating and upselling with a view to maximising revenue as much as possible all the while keeping on top of essential admin, such as booked deals, pipeline and missed business.
While being a team player is essential, you’ll have the confidence and enthusiasm to be able to work on your own initiative without the need to be micro managed.
You’ll take part in weekly sales meetings and talent management meetings once a month and contribute to new product development and revenue opportunities.
Sometimes you’ll be required to attend industry networking events, seminars and conferences to build your awareness of the industry and socialise with the wider Channel Mum team.
What we offer you:
• To be part of an award-winning team that is ambitious, hardworking and passionate about providing a place for Mums in today’s digital landscape
• A competitive salary
• Target related bonus
• 25 days paid holiday a year
• An element of flexibility with regard to working hours
• Discounts and offers via our company Perkbox account
What we require:
• An energetic and very organised self-starter who can manage a high volume of incoming sales enquiries for the talent division
• 2 – 3 years minimum sales experience within a media environment with proven examples of success (classified experience a plus but not essential)
• Strong negotiation skills and experience of upselling essential, as well as strong closing technique
• Must be calm and able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Articulate and confident communicator on phone, email and face to face
• Pro-active in terms of building positive internal and external relationships
• Excellent attention to detail
• Relishes problem solving; capability to think off the cuff and make informed, executive decisions when required
• Solid administrator with good excel skills specifically
• Knowledge within the influencer marketing space a huge plus but not essential
To be considered for the role send your C.V. to email@example.com. Please put ‘Talent Sales Role’ in the subject title.
Unfortunately we aren’t currently recruiting new sponsored vloggers. Providing you meet the criteria, you can however plug your YouTube channel into the Channel Mum website.
Channel Mum in the press
Channel Mum and working with brands
The Channel Mum guide to vlogging