Channel Mum Chat

Names that go with the last name 'Queen'

My friend needs a baby name that doesn’t sound stupid with her surname. Does anyone have any suggestions?

She liked the name Eva, but her mum told her it sounded too much like Evil Queen and that kind of put her off using it.

1 Like

My advice would be not to tell anyone your baby name choice, just say you haven’t decided as everyone has an opinion!

What sort of names does she like, there are lots of options that would work Bella (Arabella/Isabella), Grace, Everly, Isla, Evie or she could go for a slightly stronger name like Henrietta, Honor, Millicent (Millie), Cressida, Constance.

2 Likes

Queen is such a great surname! I think I would avoid anything too regal, so no Elizabeth, Katherine, Victoria or Mary, but aside from that the world is your oyster!

1 Like

Cressida Queen sounds like she could be the spirited titular character in a children’s book series and I absolutely love it.

2 Likes

Why not just stick with an Eva related name like Evaline or Evangeline etc?

2 Likes

I love all these suggestions too! It is hard with a “word” name but Queen is such a gorgeous surname! Lucky them :two_hearts: I love the name Eloise as an alternative for her; it has the same classic beauty of Eva and softens up the surname.

2 Likes

Abigail
Emily
Samantha
Autumn
Ivy

Angel
Angela
Angelina

love the surname, in some places that write the last name first so on paper work it would sound like the person is an actual Queen.

But love the name Mia…or Felicity…or Olivia…(if they’re a Dc comics fan Olivia would be a feminine version of Oliver Queen’s Green Arrow…