Channel Mum Chat

Positive Birth Movement Local Antenatal Groups

Hi my name is Mandy and I run the Woking Surrey branch of the PBM. I’m a Mum of 3 and a step-mum to 4 having recently remarried. I’m a retired midwife now involved in all things ‘birthy’!! I’m a pregnancy massage therapist, pre & post natal fitness instructor, KGHypnobirthing practitioner & baby massage instructor. We meet on the 2nd weds of the month from 20-21.15 at The Pool in the Park straight after I’ve taught the weekly Aqua-Natal class. Most Mums do the class 1st, shower, change & meet their partners upstairs for the group meeting ( the well trained ones bring her a packed tea!) and there are tea & biscuits provided. We’ve been running successfully for more than 2 years and

regularly have 10+ attendees. Quite often parents will come back with their newborns to share their birth stories which is particularly helpful for the Dads.
We have a FB page which if you follow will give you the event notifications and all attendees of the aqua-natal class are invited to join our WhatsApp group.

I can be contacted by WhatsApp 07878549941 or email mandy_mole@hotmail.com
REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING ANYONE INTERESTED IN SUPPORTING ALL COUPLES TO HAVE A POSITIVE BIRTHING/ PARENTING EXPERIENCE!

1 Like

Hello
I’m the positive birth movement coordinator for Ireland. We have groups north and south. You can find info on them on the online directory and also find the individual groups on Facebook! We all volunteer to run this amazing peer to peer support group. It’s a great opportunity to meet others while you are pregnant and have a community to call upon in those early days once your baby arrives.
Happy wishes
Elaine

image1.jpeg

1 Like

Hi All, I run the Brighton and Hove PBM group. We meet on the last Saturday of the month in town.
I am a Doula and positive birth enthusiast as well as a supporter of choice and autonomy throughout pregnancy and birth.

We are an inclusive group and all families and birth partners are welcome.

Any questions please email me at bloomandtreasure@gmail.com

See you soon,

Sarah

1 Like

Hi we’re Guin and Katja at PBM Oxford!

We meet on the first Friday of the month 7.30-9.30 pm.

We’re a friendly group looking to build a supportive community of all those interested in positive birth, and we welcome midwives, student midwives, doulas and other birth workers as well as pregnant women, partners, and new parents.

Get in touch with us via our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/PositiveBirthMovementOxford/

Hope to meet you soon!
Guin and Katja

1 Like

35405314_1147415588734509_1330251732072005632_n

1 Like

27460021_1070604863082249_8314387615426745702_n 32740261_1130099830466085_291079601621303296_n

1 Like

I facilitate a Positive Birth Movement in Crawley. We meet at the Elim Church, The Mardens, Ifield RH11 0AQ every 2nd Wednesday in the month from 10.30am - 12.00 noon. There is plenty of space and toys are provided for your children. We have tea/coffee and cake. We are a very friendly group and will make you feel welcome. Laureen Eaton

1 Like

Hi - I’m Anna!

I am a mum of two and the facilitator of my local Positive Birth Movement group in Corsham, Wiltshire. We meet at 8pm until 9pm on the last Thursday of each month at the beautiful Camomile Cafe on Corsham High Street.

We welcome everyone from expectant parents, to experienced parents, doulas, birth professionals and all birth enthusiasts, to share positive stories about birth, drink tea and eat homemade cake, available from the cafe. I am hopeful that this group will provide a safe space where we can talk about anything birth-related in a supportive, non-judgemental environment; turning those negative ideas surrounding birth into positive informed ones.

Here’s our Facebook page where we share details of the meetings and other birth-related bits and bobs:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/PBMCorsham/

1 Like

Hi I’m Sheryl and I run the PBM Wakefield group. I’m a hypnobirthing/antenatal teacher, breastfeeding peer supporter and soon to be doula, as well as mum to my two boys. I’m passionate about bringing good quality antenatal education and information to as many mums as possible.

We would love to have you join us over on our facebook group.

1 Like

Something amazing was happening yesterday during our October PBM morning meeting. While we were talking about the monthly topic, which was induction, and all that intervention linked with it, one of our beautiful mummies was at home, in her birthing pool, in full labour birthing her new baby boy. Welcome Jack we’ll see you soon at the next Positive Birth Movement Rushden meeting

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I am Meg Brierley and I facilitate the Positive Birth Movement East Lancashire group. As a Mum of 3, Hypnobirthing teacher and birth/postnatal doula I spend most of my time advocating for the rights and choices of women in pregnancy, birth and beyond. I am proud to be able to provide a free, non-judgemental space in East Lancashire for education, information, discussion and support for truly positive birth…whatever that might look like for you. YOU should always be at the centre of the care you receive throughout every stage of having your baby whether it is your first or fifth and our monthly meetings allow you to be a part of themed discussions which I hope will leave you inspired and more confident.

For more information and for updates on future meeting dates and location go to:

1 Like

Hi I’m Chloe, unfortunately we don’t have a group down here in cleveleys as I had my baby in 2014 and there was no channel mum chat or any groups going, but I really do wish they did as it sounds amazing to be meeting new mums with there babies and getting to know one another, I was also 16 when I had my baby in 2014 and ever since then I’ve got no friends since I became a parent but now my daughter has started school I have met a few people who I can actually call my friends :blush: I love to see what other mums do and to see what an amazing group channel mum is to meet new mums, help one another out, get the people who are on there own to get them talking and to meet new people :blush:
This is my baby girl who is now 5 :blush: I’m one lucky mummy here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi I’m Jenna, the Minimalist Doula and I facilitate the Surbiton group and co run the Weybridge and Walton positive birth group in Surrey.

This month our Surbiton one is being run on Thursday 7th Nov 10-12pm at the YMCA.

Walton and Weybridge is next Tuesday 12th Nov from 10am at the Minnow pub.

These are lovely informal gatherings where people get together to chat all things positive about birth and parenting.

Please do come and join us.
There are Facebook groups for both so please check them out for more dates and further info.

https://m.facebook.com/positivebirthmovementsurbiton/?locale2=en_GB

https://m.facebook.com/positivebirthmovementwalton/

Hello, I am Julia Flynn, I am a Doula and Hypnobirthing Practitioner. I run The Positive Birth Movement in St Albans and surrounding villages. We meet monthly and discuss all things birth on our facebook group.

You can also email me on julia_flynn99@hotmail.com to find out more.

Many thanks
Julia

Hi All, we are the PBM group for East Dunbartonshire, North Lanarkshire & Glasgow North! My name is Heather and I’m a mum, accountant, KGHypnobirthing teacher, positive birth enthusiast and supporter of women and choice! I will be joined by my co-facilitator Ashley who is a mother, ex-midwife, Doula and yoga teacher. We are passionate about ensuring women know their choices, their options, and that they understand the gentle dance of birth and how it unfolds. Education is everything and it’s what will make a world of difference to how mums ultimately feel about the births they have. We want all women to be empowered and informed, and for each and every one of you to be able to look back on the birth of your baby with love and warmth. Our meetings will be held the last Monday of every month, venue changing each month to cover our area – details will be posted on our Facebook page so please join it below, or contact me by the details provided to find out about meets or if you have any questions!

Contact Details

hmc872@outlook.com

Facebook group

Just updating contact details for anyone looking to come along to our meets:

intuitive-birth@outlook.com