Royal Baby Name Predictions

Harry and Meghan are just weeks away from becoming parents for the first time – and whatever name they choose for Baby Sussex, it’s sure to spark the biggest baby name trend of the year.

While the bookies are predicting the pair pick a traditional choice like Alice or Elizabeth for a girl and Arthur or Philip for a boy, our Channel Mum baby names expert SJ Ljungstrom disagrees!

She says: “Harry and Meghan are loud and proud feminists – and may well choose trendy over traditional.”

Some of SJ’s suggestions include Seth or Theo for a boy and Maya or Liberty for a girl.

See if your little one’s name is on the Harry and Meghan baby name prediction list by watching our fun video above.

Don’t forget to check out all our fab baby names content right here, and why not log in follow the baby names channel by clicking the heart so you see more of what you love!

I think they’ll stay traditional with a name that has a long history of use, but use something a little quirky for a girl. My money is still on Diana for a little girl but if they decide not to name the baby after Harry’s mother, I think it will be Classical Greek or Latin - Ariadne or Helena would be nice picks. As for a boy, I think Seth is too trendy and Theo/Theodore too common. I think their boy picks will be less unusual and I can see them using Arthur or Philip - Pip - as predicted.

2 Likes

Maybe River?

Phillip or James.

I don’t think they’ll pick names that Kate and William were expected to use.

Eric? Bruce?

Henry (not Harry).

It looks like it could be a baby Diana.

Katherine.

Caroline.:grinning:

Stephanie…

Harriet or Amelie.

I’d like to see them name their baby, ‘Cassandra’.

Edwin would be a cool name.