Channel Mum Chat

Tell Us About Unique Baby Names

What do you think of unique baby names? Share your thoughts and you could be in with a chance of winning £100 Amazon Voucher.

https://www.channelmum.com/a/win-gbp100-amazon-voucher

I personally LOVE unique baby names. My name is Zoa, and I have never once ran into someone else with my name. It’s always made me feel like I have a strong sense of self, and I want to share that same, proud, feeling of individuality with my children :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@Zoa what a beautiful name! I LOVE it!

Unique names really appeal to me. The only caveat being that I prefer names with logical spelling…if you’re going to make something up, spell it in a way that works in the primary language you will be using.

Equally, if you’re using a well established name, don’t try to make it unique by spelling it in a whacky way.

I would personally love to have a unique name that meant something to my parents. Maybe a place that held significance for them? Or a song the both loved?

@Zoa you have such a pretty name! I love that it is unusual but quite intuitive to spell and say.

My children all have quite unusual names, and I love knowing that when people refer to a child by that name they usually mean mine. We try to find names that people know, of know of, without having used themselves.

2 Likes

Loved the name Zoa. Reminds me of Zoanthids. Beautiful Zoanthids lives in the coral reef.

thats quite similar to my name zai! only my dads family in malawi calls me zai (I really love it though) it is short for zaithwa :))