Channel Mum Chat

Welcome to Mum SOS

Whatever your issue big or small, YOU ARE NOT ALONE, the Channel Mum Village is here to help.
We have a whole community of mums who have advice and experiences to share as well as a team of trained Parent Supporters and Experts including in-house health visitor Maggie Fisher.

Frequently Asked Questions

What kind of questions can I ask in here?
Absolutely anything to do with motherhood & parenting! Whether you’re looking for help to get your baby to sleep, want advice on dealing with mental health issues, or if you’re trying to find ways to budget - whatever you need, our village of mums is here to help. Completely judgement free!

Is there a way to find posts already made on a specific topic?
You can use the forum search to look for specific posts and we also have a tag system to group posts of similar content together. Click here to view our tags, simply click the tag of the topic you’re interested in to view those posts.

We also have a list of useful links by topic below that will help you find helpful articles on our site.

Can I post anonymously?
Yes, you can. You need to register and log in using your real details and then click the link towards the top of the page that says “Click here to make your posts anonymous”, once you’ve finished posting, click the same link again to go back to being yourself.
The anonymous feature is available to help members who need to hide their online presence when posting for support, it should not be used to break the rules or contact people anonymously. Please bear in mind the admin team can make the link between your real account and your anon account if necessary.

How can I report a post I’m worried about
If you see a post where another member is causing you concern, please click the flag button on the post to bring it to the attention of our Parent Support team who can step in with the necessary support.

Emergency
If you have serious concerns about you or your child please contact your GP or in an emergency call 111 and seek medical advice.

Safeguarding
We have a statutory duty of care to all members of our community and their families and while we do not usually share your details without consent, if we believe a member or a child is in danger we may share details of that person with the relevant authorities to protect them. Read more on our Privacy Policy

2 Likes

A - Z of Useful Links

This list is by no means everything we have on the site but they are ones that the Parent Support Team frequently recommend to mums who post asking for help. Click here to explore our site categories and find more content

Anxiety

Baby Health

Baby Sleep

Budgeting

Child Behaviour

Child Health

First aid

Miscarriage and Baby Loss

Parenting Hacks

Positive Parenting

Potty Training

Postnatal Depression