Ask Me Anything About Babies!

Kerry Whelpdale is joined by Milli Hill – founder of the positive birth movement – and sheโ€™s here to answer all of your baby related questions.

From the early newborn days, to sleeping issues and weaning advice, you can ask her anything!

Check out Channel Mum’s week by week baby videos

Lindsey HarrisonSat, 22/07/2017 - 13:31
Milli Hill thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Milli HillSat, 22/07/2017 - 13:02
think we covered some of this Sarah, but hope it's improving. separation anxiety is best responded to with your love and presence. you are doing a great job, love Milli x

Milli HillSat, 22/07/2017 - 13:01
Sorry didn't answer this on the day - I would say take your time, 6 months is very early and the saying goes, 'food is for fun until they are 1' - let her experiment and keep offering her a variety of foods. Baby led weaning by Gill Rapley is great. xxx

Milli HillSat, 22/07/2017 - 12:59
Sorry I did not get time to answer this Charlie - I think it is another huge seismic shift just like going from no children to one baby! But you will handle it, just like you handled going from 0 to 1. It IS pretty hectic, I won't lie to you! Try to get as much support in place as possible beforehand. The tough transition time doesn't last long, either, important to remember that you will come out the other side before you know it! Good luck! xxx

Milli HillSat, 22/07/2017 - 12:57
Thanks! When I was writing the book I got interested in finding out about the time between contractions and how much of labour was actually spent NOT in pain. That's not to say that labour is not painful, but I thought it might be nice for pregnant women who are usually pretty scared to think about labour in a new way and realise that you are not in non stop agony ALL the time! (if you are - and it does sometimes happen - it usually means your baby is in a difficult position). Anyway to cut a long story short I did the maths for a normal straightforward labour and was amazed to discover that only around 23% of labour is spent having contractions and the other 77% of time you are not in pain at all! That's the short version - the long answer is in the Positive Birth Book! xxx

Tina Bell-TaylorFri, 21/07/2017 - 09:15
No questions! Just keep doing what you do. Birth is amazing. Keep promoting how amazing it is!

Suzanne Proulx WilsonThu, 20/07/2017 - 15:20
crud I forgot you are 5 hours ahead of me :(

Lindsey HarrisonThu, 20/07/2017 - 11:06
Oh wish I was on earlier struggling to get bg eating savoury she's 6 months she will eat ANYTHING fruit ๐Ÿ™ˆ

Channel MumThu, 20/07/2017 - 11:03
Don't forget to check out Channel Mum's week by week baby videos: