Although we don’t like to admit it, many of us do have a secret preference for a particular gender. And you know what? It’s completely natural and nothing to be ashamed about. Here’s SJ with her six top tips:
Maybe you’ve always pictured yourself with a daughter, or perhaps you already have one or more boys and would like to balance it out. There are lots of theories and claims made about gender swaying, and SJ is bringing you her top tips for how to get pregnant with a baby girl in the video above.
More about SJ: She had two sons when she tried out these techniques in the hopes of adding a little girl to her family, and sure enough she fell pregnant with baby Evelina. Was it down to these tricks or was it sheer luck? We’ll never know for sure, but there’s no harm in trying them out! Watch more videos from SJ.
1) The Timing Or Shettles Method – This involves timing sex so that there is a higher chance of girl sperm (carrying the X chromosome) meeting your egg. Dr. Shettles suggests stopping having sex 2 to 3 days before ovulation.
2) Avoid orgasm – This is because orgasm changes the atmosphere of your cervix and makes it a more hostile environment.
3) Have sex every day – This will increase the volume of girl sperm, but remember to stop having sex at that 2-3 day mark!
4) Do shallow penetration sex positions – Girl sperm are more likely to be able to travel further because of their long life-span.
5) Increase your intake of dairy, calcium and magnesium – girl sperm a meant to thrive more in an acidic environment, so fill up on food that is high in these qualities.
6) Restrict your calories – Try eating between 1,500 and 1,800 calories to increase your chances of having a girl.
Need more help with getting pregnant? We have loads of tips and tricks right here
When you do get pregnant be sure to get out all of our pregnancy videos, which will guide you through every single step
If you need more personalised advice on getting pregnant, speak to our team of professionals and thousands of other mums in our support group
Production music by http://www.epidemicsound.com