Did you know that Tuesday 2nd January is officially National Baby-Making Day? Millions of couples will be having sex in the hope of falling pregnant and producing a September baby. Our Channel Mum study shows that 10.36pm on Tuesday 2nd January is the most popular day of the year to conceive. Official figures show the UK’s most common day to be born is September 26 – 38 weeks after January 2, which is the length of the average pregnancy.
Fertility experts say the combination of a desire for a September baby to be eldest in the school year, wanting to spend time together before going back to work and having sex to cure post-New Year hangovers means 60 per cent of would-be parents will make love on Tuesday night.
Channel Mum founder Siobhan Freegard says: “Falling pregnant isn’t always easy so couples who have been trying a while will attempt almost anything to help. While there isn’t much medical science to back up these tips, our members swear they have all helped and we have hundreds of bouncing new babies to prove it. As long as you have fun trying, it’s always worth giving it a go – plus we’ve got all the info you need for getting pregnant right here on Channel Mum.”
Did you know there are top sex positions to use to fall pregnant? Find them all here.
Our study also found couples are going to increasingly extreme lengths to conceive – including wearing socks during sex, eating McDonald’s fries after making love and even wearing frozen underpants. Our team have done the research and found 71 per cent of couples will try wacky tricks to boost their chances of conceiving!
1) Wear socks during sex and for the week after to keep your feet warm (10%)
2) Eat McDonalds chips immediately after sex (3%)
3) Eat dark chocolate every day (37%)
4) Avoid having an orgasm for a week after sex (6%)
5) Use reverse psychology and tell yourself you don’t want a baby, then have a wild night out and forget about ‘trying’ (39%)
6) Eat pineapples and drink pineapple juice (32%)
7) Wear green and use green bedsheets – believed to be a fertile colour (5%)
8) Pierce your nose on the left side. Eastern Ayurvedic medicine claims this can make the woman more fertile (0.5%)
9) Don’t just put your legs in the air but ‘bicycle’ them for at least three minutes (58%)
10) Sleep in total darkness. Switch off your phones, devices and wifi (15%)
11) Do ‘dry January’ and stop drinking for a month (7%)
12) And for the men – wear frozen underwear. (1%)
Fancy getting a bun for your oven? We’ve got loads of baby-making tips for you right here!
And don’t forget to check out our top sex positions to get pregnant video!