Here are 5 easy vegetarian (one has fish in, but you could leave it out) salads. These are my favourite thing to eat and seem to work so well in summer – as healthy sides with a BBQ, for a quick lunch – or as a side to a main meal. I’m not veggie but I love eating vegetables. All recipes below!
Feta, roasted pepper and cous cous – serves 4
– Roast 3 peppers off in oven for about 25 mins with some oil and salt.
– Make cous cous: Use 160g cous cous to 260ml vegetable stock.
– Mix with feta (a whole packet), fresh chopped mint, squeeze lemon, seasoning and extra virgin olive oil (a health glug!).
Courgette, halloumi and quinoa – serves 4
– Fry off 1 courgette, sliced. Fry 1 packet of hallmoui. Make quinoa – I use 1 cup of quinoa with 2 cups of water and bring to boil then simmer until water has gone, about 15 mins. Leave to cool. Combine with veg, cheese, fresh mint, and the dressing (mix 4 tablespoons olive oil with 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 clove garlic, seasoning).
Spinach, avocado and toasted almonds – serves 4
– Mix baby spinach (1 whole packet) with 1 large avocado, sliced, red onion, also sliced. Toast nuts and chop them roughly. Add those too and also extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well and serve.
Classic Greek salad – serves 1
– Mix 1 large chopped tomato with same amount of chopped cucumber and half a red onion, sliced. Handful of kalamata olives and lots of dried oregano. Add extra virgin olive oil and seasoning. Half a packet of feta per person! More oil and herbs.
Tuna and White Bean Salad – serves 2
– Drain can of tuna and can of cannellini beans. Mix with 1 large chopped tomato, same amount of chopped cucumber. Half a red onion, diced. Fresh coriander roughly chopped. Large glug of extra virgin olive oil, a splash of Jerez or red wine vinegar. Season well too. Mix well and serve.
Hi, I’m Rachel Brady! I’m a UK stay/work at home mum. I make content about family, food, home and style. I have a tolerant and amusing husband and 2 gorgeously pesky kids aged 7 and 5 with another due in September 2018. We live in a small village where we are renovating a farmhouse. It’s SO muddy; but we’re very happy. Nice to meet you!
New videos Monday – Wednesday – Friday at 7pm!
I also recently launched a book club on Facebook! Come and join in: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mrsrachelbradybookclub/
CONNECT WITH ME:
Tweets by mrsrachelbrady