Can Iceland really cater for a posh meal for two? We set two vloggers the task of finding out. Katy cooked a special meal for her friend Anna, and Charlotte made a date night meal for partner Mark. Watch to see how they got on and the delicious meals they created. What are your go to dinner party recipes? Let us know in the comments below. If you fancy trying the dishes here’s how to recreate them at home (all products shown from Iceland):
Charlotte’s Cheesy Garlic Mash serves two
1/2 pack Iceland Frozen Mashed Potato
2 heaped teaspoons of butter
1 clove of crushed garlic
Salt and pepper
A handful of grated cheddar cheese
1. Cook the mashed potato as per instructions in the microwave.
2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt your butter and add your garlic, along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes on a gentle heat to take the edge off the garlic.
3. Stir your garlic butter and grated cheese into your cooked mashed potato. You can heat this through for an extra minute in the microwave if you required.
Katy’s Scallop & Chorizo Starter
1 tblsp of olive oil
6 slices of chorizo, chopped
8 defrosted scallops
1. Pour your olive oil into a pan and gently heat.
2. Add a shake of garlic and a shake of chilli and fry gently for a few minutes.
3. Add the chorizo and let it crisp.
4. Turn up the heat and add your defrosted scallops and fry for 6 minutes turning so they can soak the flavours up. (Alternatively pan fry quickly for a minute on each side.)
5. Reserve some of the pan juices to add to lobster salad.
Katy’s Lobster & Artichoke Salad
One pack of lobster tails, defrosted
Frozen pack of Artichokes
2 handfuls of spinach
10 chopped baby plum tomatoes
Olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Optional – Pan juices from the starter above if using
1. Add the lobster tails to a pan of boiling water and boil for 8 minutes
2. Cook artichokes in the microwave according to the instructions.
3. Add a large handful of spinach to each plate.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes.
5. Use a colander to drain your lobster tails and use a large knife to split them down the middle, fan them out and place them on top of the salad.
6. Add a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. If you’ve made the starter above you can add a tablespoon of the pan juices from the starter to your lobster.
Watch more shopping hauls and join us for #FrozenFriday every week on Channel Mum here: http://bit.ly/CMFrozenFriday Check out the full Iceland range here: https://www.iceland.co.uk/ This video is sponsored by Iceland.
Taking part in this video is:
Charlotte Taylor: http://bit.ly/CMCharlotteT
Katy and Anna from Hey Mummy: http://bit.ly/CMHey
Subscribe here for more videos from Channel Mum: https://www.youtube.com/user/channelmum
Channel Mum is the UK’s first YouTube community for mums. We bring together the best of YouTube mum talent to reveal the honest face of parenting.
Channel Mum partners with talented creators and vloggers who make fresh, relevant and honest video content and help mums to find and grow their vlogging voice on YouTube.
Add your Channel: http://bit.ly/CMJoinIn