Here are 5 easy and delicious family-friendly chicken recipes that we eat often in our home. They all have the seal of approval from my husband and more importantly – my kids!
3 chicken breasts, sliced
1 minced clove garlic
Sour cream (or Greek yoghurt)
– Marinade chicken strips in spices, oil and garlic. Fry in a little oil. Wrap in tortillas, adding whatever you like!
***Chicken & bacon pasta bake***
Chicken, bacon and broccoli pasta bake
***Crispy chicken thighs with kale rice and sweet pot wedges***
Chicken thighs, skin on, on bone
Herbs – sage, rosemary
Microwave pouches of brown rice
– Heat a heavy bottom pan and pop chicken skin side down. Season underside well and add herbs too. Turn over after about 25 mins. Cook for further 15 mins, seasoning again.
– Meanwhile heat oven to 180C. Toss wedges in oil, S&P, paprika and ground cumin and roast for 15-20 mins. Add kale with a little oil and S&P to pan and back in oven for 5 mins. Add rice and mix – another 5 mins in oven. Serve alongside chicken.
***Chicken and chorizo stew***
Chicken breast or thigh fillets, cut into chunks
1 carrot, diced
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 x 200g chorizo, diced
Can plum tomatoes
Couple of potatoes, diced
Fresh parsley to serve
– Fry off onion, carrot, garlic and chorizo in oil. Add chicken, seal. Add tomatoes, with can full of hot water plus stock cube. Season. Add potatoes, bring to boil and simmer until pots are soft. Serve with parsley and garlic bread.
***Chicken and asparagus potato traybake***
Bunch of asparagus
Whole head of garlic, cloves left unpeeled
1/4 lemon, cut into chunks
– Add chicken to large roasting pan. Season well and toss in a little oil. Add potatoes and lemon, garlic cloves too. Roast for 30 mins on 180C. Take out half way and shuffle to brown all over. And add asparagus 5 mins and cook for 5-10 mins more.
***MRS RACHEL BRADY: Real family. Real food.***
Hi, I’m Rachel Brady! I’m a UK stay/work at home mum. I make content about family, food, home and style. I have a tolerant and amusing husband and 2 gorgeously pesky kids aged 7 and 5 with another due in September 2018. We live in a small village where we are renovating a farmhouse. It’s SO muddy; but we’re very happy. Nice to meet you!
I also recently launched a book club on Facebook! Come and join in: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mrsrachelbradybookclub/
CONNECT WITH ME:
Tweets by mrsrachelbrady