Going to ‘big’ school can be a stressful and emotional time for families. LeapFrog and Channel Mum are on hand with our School Readiness SOS videos. We’ll help you with some practical tips, support and ideas that will help your child and YOU!
September is coming round fast and soon the children will be taking up their primary school places for the very first time. See how our mums are getting on and find out what learning skills they need to start teaching their children to prepare them.
Leave us a comment to let us know if you’ve got a tip to add or if you’re going through this too! And read all the great tips from the recent LeapFrog Twitter Party over on https://twitter.com/LeapFrog_UK
Missed our first School Readiness SOS video? You can still watch it here: http://bit.ly/CMLeapFrog
This video is sponsored by LeapFrog. For more information on LeapFrog, please visit the LeapFrog Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/LeapFrogUK
Here are some tips from LeapFrog for your child before they start school:
– DO attend settling-in days to help them to feel more relaxed – they’ll be able to meet the teacher and experience the classroom environment. Point out things they will be able to enjoy next time they come to school, such as the playground
– DO help them find a familiar face if your child isn’t starting school with friends from their existing nursery or preschool
– DO introduce books and stories so your little one can see how letters correspond to sounds and words to sentences. Sharing stories and pointing out specific sounds is a gentle way to introduce this
– DO encourage basic etiquette, namely taking turns and listening when others speak
– DO role play to help your child to feel comfortable approaching and talking to their teachers and to not be intimidated.
Subscribe here for more videos from Channel Mum: https://www.youtube.com/user/channelmum
Channel Mum is the UK’s first YouTube community for mums. We bring together the best of YouTube mum talent to reveal the honest face of parenting.
Channel Mum partners with talented creators and vloggers who make fresh, relevant and honest video content and help mums to find and grow their vlogging voice on YouTube.
Add your Channel: http://bit.ly/CMJoinIn