It’s hard for busy mums to continually come up with new ideas for family meals, which are not only delicious and healthy, but are quick and easy to prepare, too. Take It Make It shows you how to do just that using Iceland’s frozen favourites. You simply take the ingredients out the freezer and make it in minutes!
In this video Lucy and Ciara were set a challenge; both had to make a yummy meal using the same ingredients – who cooked the best dish, experienced cook Ciara or novice chef Lucy? Let’s see how they got on…
The ingredients they were given included:
1 pack arctic royal sea bass fillets
½ pack frozen mash
1 pack frozen Mediterranean vegetables
1 tub pesto
1 pack baby plum tomatoes
CIARA’S ROASTED VEGETABLES & SEA BASS WITH POTATO ROSTI
– Place the Mediterranean vegetables on a baking dish and cook for 30 mins until nicely roasted
– Place the sea bass on top of the veg and scatter the baby plum tomatoes over the tray
– Return to the oven until the sea bass is cooked
– Then drizzle as much or as little pesto as you want and serve
– In a medium frying pan put 2 teaspoons of oil and heat to a medium high heat then add the half bag of mash
– Cook until the bottom is golden then flip over and cook until this is golden as well
– Turn onto a plate and portion into 4 and serve with the sea bass med veg bake
LUCY’S MEDITERRANEAN VEGETABLE BAKE RECIPE
– Place the Mediterranean vegetables in a baking dish and then cover with the ½ bag of mash and bake in the oven until the potato is golden and the veg is piping hot
– On a lined grill tray place the sea bass fillets skin side up and brush each with a good teaspoon of pesto
– Also put the plum tomatoes on the tray with the sea bass, then place under a pre-heated hot grill for 7-10 mins until the skin blisters and bubbles
– Serve on a warm plate with a good spoonful of the Mediterranean veg pie
Which meal gets your vote?
Fancy seeing what food you can get at Iceland? Watch more videos and shopping hauls and join us for more #TakeItMakeIt and #PowerOfFrozen videos on Channel Mum here.
Check out the full Iceland range here
This video is sponsored by Iceland.
Taking part in this video:
Production music by Audio Networks (production company Beyond Content)