I thought I would film another “What I eat in a day” video for you on Slimming World. This was during a week that I was actually meal planning in advance and cooking to that plan. It was working well. I lost 4lb’s in a few days. Still to get to a group 🙁
Breakfast : Ham and hashbrown frittata
Lunch : Creamy mushroom and broad beans carbonara
SERVES – 4
READY IN – 30 mins
You will need:
500g dried spaghetti or other long pasta
250g broad beans, podded
Low calorie cooking spray
8 back bacon rashers, visible fat removed, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
3 large egg yolks*
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
*Pregnant women, the elderly and babies are advised not to eat raw or partially cooked eggs.
How to make it:
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, adding the broad beans for the last 2 minutes of the cooking time. Drain, reserving a few tablespoons of the cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for another 4 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks and quark with some seasoning.
4. Add the bacon mixture to the drained pasta and stir through. Stir in the egg and quark mixture, adding 2-3 tablespoons of the reserved cooking water to loosen the sauce a little if necessary. The residual heat will cook the eggs just enough to thicken the sauce.
5. This is best served hot and is delicious with a mixed salad.
Hope you enjoy
You can also find me on Channel Mum :
Other places to find us :
Tweets by mrsakhodgson
Website live but needs some TLC:
Thanks so much for checking us out and we hope you enjoy and subscribe.